March 2018 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Vincent G.
I rarely shoot professional models because most of my clientele are corporate folks here in the Bay Area who are looking for professional headshots. I needed to mix things up and I was lucky enough to be invited to one of CandyFactory’s meet ups in Fremont CA. The model for this meet up was Ashlee and she was amazing. She was so professional and needed very little direction. I usually tend to talk a lot during a photoshoot so that my subject would loosen up and show their personality. Ashlee showed her personality right from the start and literally shut me up. Aside from the occasional “chin up”, “move your hands” and “fix your hair”, I didn’t really have to say anything. Her make up was flawless, courtesy of Krytal Garza and lighting was fine tuned by Mr. Vincent G. If you’re interested in the camera settings and technical stuff, I’ve listed the specs after the pictures.
- Camera: 5d M2 ISO 100, f/8, 1/160
- Lens: 70mm – 200mm 2.8L (most of my shots were around 135mm)
- First picture was a beauty dish with a grid.
- Second picture was a big soft box on top camera right with another soft box on camera left for fill.
- Third picture was two huge softboxes on both side metered to be exactly the same.
- Fourth picture was in a white cove with just one Profoto light.